If you want to know if you have found true love, I have created a few questions to help you decide.
These questions are intense and meant to make you think about the tough things in life.
- Are you consistently happier when you spend time with your match than when you are spending time not with them?
- Are you physically attracted to your match more than 99% of other options?
- Does your match make you a better person?
- Do you make them a better person?
- If your match died in a car accident today, do you think you could do better the next time?
- If you died in a car accident today, do you think your match could do better than you next time?
- Do you feel relief when you get to spend time by yourself?
- Do you feel you are happier with your match when you first dated as compared to how you feel now?
- Are you afraid of cheating or being cheated on?
- If you died today, would you be happy with never having dated anyone else?
If you have found true love, you might have answered yes to the first four questions, no to the next five, and yes to the last question.
If the first time you went through this you answered must differently, you might not have found true love or this might just be a load of crap I made up. I wrote this hoping to help you see if you have found true love so that you can either give your true love everything you have or start on a new quest to make sure someday you have found true love.
Here is a quick explanation for each question.
- If you want to spend your life with someone, you damn well had better like spending time with them more than not having them around. This does not mean you need to spend every second together but it means the time you do spend together should mean a lot to you.
- Everyone notices attractive people regardless of what position they are in. The difference is that when you are with the right person, you notice their attractiveness above all because they are right for you. This does not mean they have to be the most beautiful person by everyone’s collective judgment in the room at any time. It means you should always be proud to take them out regardless of what other people think and they should feel the same about you. It means if you answered no that you are not with someone that is attractive enough for you.
- The right person will motivate you to be the best you can be. They do not have to force you to change because they inspire you to do it yourself.
- The same applies for them. When you are around and even when you are not, they try to be the best they can be. This does not mean perfect but it means continued growth. If being with you makes someone crazier, meaner, or more selfish, run!
- Death in a car accident is one of the most likely ways to die young. If you honestly think you could do better with another chance, why wait? Get started looking now!
- If you really think that the person you are with could do better than you, let them! I know I am not a perfect husband any day of the week but I know that the odds of my wife finding a man that could make her feel how I do are near zero. For the girls I dated before, I am confident they can or have found a man that makes them happier than I did.
- When one my exes used to leave for the day, I always felt like I could breathe again. When my wife leaves, I feel like a big part of my happiness goes with her. When she is not home for the night, I have to try hard to distract myself and usually it does not work. I get sad quickly if I do not have time with my wife. If you feel relief when you get time to yourself, you are not with the right person! The right person will naturally give you enough space.
- People often get addicted to new relationships because after that the flame tends to go out. The faster the flame goes out, the more wrong you are for each other. The longer it takes to go out, the harder it is to accept. If you are with the right person, the relationship gets hotter as you get to know each other more not less.
- I have absolute faith in my wife and she in me. I spend so much time romancing her that I have no time or energy for anyone else. I get her flowers every time the last flowers I got her die. We go on dates several times a week. There just is not enough time or energy for either of us to have someone else in our lives.
- This is a tough one but it can help reveal the truth if you made it through the other questions successfully. If you genuinely feel you would be happy with never dating anyone else, you are in the right relationship. I remember always feeling like there were more girls I wanted to go out with and feeling depressed when I thought of marrying my girlfriend in college that I would never get to go out with them. How wrong I was! Now I know that if I can go out with my wife for the rest of my life, I will be happy and there is nothing else I am missing out on when it comes to dating. The funny part is the closer I got, the more unprepared I was for the reality. I had the electric moments previously dating but with my wife, it was more like an explosion of energy. I had felt passion before but this is beyond belief now. This is what I want you to know that you have or know that you don’t have.
Thank you for reading this post to figure out if you have found true love!
I hope you will also enjoy the other posts I have written in the dating and love categories! The current favorite is Are You Dating The Right Person or Not? Top 5 Ways to Verify!