In reading Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins, I am completing one assignment here where I will explain the rules I want for my life in the for the following questions!
- What does it take for me to feel successful?
- How to I define feeling loved?
- Where am I satisfying feelings of confidence?
- When am I allowed to feel excellent?
These are the rules I am making for feeling successful today!
- Anytime I take an action to help someone else I am successful.
- When I give generously such as on my free courses page, I am showing success.
- Changing a diaper.
- Asking for help.
- Sharing my experience.
- Paying for service.
- Watching a class on Skillshare.
- Listening to a book.
- Making a debt payment.
- Having faith.
How about my rules for feeling loved?
- Petting a dog.
- Smiling at anyone.
- Giving a hug.
- Giving a compliment.
- Accepting and letting go of the need to change.
- Sharing an old secret openly.
- Wishing good luck.
- Spending time with someone.
- Looking without fear.
Feeling confident happens when!
- I trust unconditionally.
- Remembering this too shall pass.
- Start and finish a prayer.
- Smiling and laughing.
- Raising my head up after a failure.
- Show up for life and any activity.
- Waking up and going to be without a drink.
- Dancing with or without tears in my eyes.
What does it take for me to feel excellent?
- Laughter at myself and life’s beauty.
- Drinking my daily raw vegan smoothie with a pound of fruit and a pound of vegetables.
- Enjoying a glass of matcha green or black tea.
- Appreciating the health I have today.
- Walking my dogs.
- Going to bed on time.
- Getting up when I am needed.
- Praying before getting out of bed.
- Finishing a video or blog post.
- Choosing not to engage in anger, fear, remorse, guilt, shame, frustration, and annoyance.
- Not reacting when another driver makes what I judge as a bad decision.
- Playing with my daughter.
- Sitting on the couch with my wife.
By design, I work to make all of my rules for feeling successful, excellent, confident, and loved results that I can fully control. I give myself permission to feel good every day for doing pretty much anything because this allows me to share the happiness I have with the rest of the world. Making challenging rules based on requiring others to do actions like give me love, money, power, and respect only ever left me miserable. Today I am grateful to feel fully responsible for my mental state and to actually follow an exercise in a book instead of just blowing it off!
Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it!