Struggling to find which products to order to get your complete professional webcam home film studio setup?
I struggled with this for years! What do I order? How do I set it up? Which mic is the best? What accessories do I need?
Every piece of equipment outside of a computer is listed here! These are drawn from my own order history on Amazon and reflect exactly what I am using right now to produce high quality videos quickly with minimal effort! If you use Windows like I do right now on my desktop, I use camtasia studio to do the editing. If you have an iMac or a Macbook pro, you can do the editing in iMovie. See a few samples of videos I have made on YouTube with this setup at the bottom of the post.
1) Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording.
2) Microphone 1 for desktop use: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone – Silver.
3) Foam Windscreen for Blue Yeti, MXL, Audio Technica, and Other Large Microphones – Black.
4) Studio lighting: CowboyStudio Photography/Video Portrait Umbrella Continuous Triple Lighting Kit with Three Day Light CFL Bulbs, Three Stands, Two Umbrellas, and One Carrying Case For Product, Portrait, and Video Shoots.
5) Square Perfect Background Stand with 6 x 9 White & Green Screen Muslin Backdrops.
6) iPhone/backup mic: IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD high-definition handheld microphone for iPhone iPad and Mac
7) iRig HD Mic Stand: Hamilton Nu-Era Tabletop Mic Stand.
8) Windscreen for iRig HD Mic: On Stage Foam Ball-Type Mic Windscreen, Black.
See exactly what this home film studio setup looks like when used to make videos!
Below are several videos I have made using the equipment you see in the post. I have also produced more than 10 Udemy courses using the same setup.
[av_video src=’https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=506ew4AXS0c’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′ av_uid=’av-5evh3r’]
[av_video src=’https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OImA-1xYrg’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′ av_uid=’av-4pvp4n’]
[av_video src=’https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=254MAU42iak’ format=’16-9′ width=’16’ height=’9′ av_uid=’av-2o8dlj’]
Why is having a professional looking home film studio setup so important?
When you present yourself online, you want to stand out from the millions of people that are not using any lighting, not using any backdrop, and not using a good quality microphone. You can see this home film studio setup includes two microphones because sometimes I have minor problems with the one mic and can work around them with the other mic. Having excellent sound is one of the most important technical aspects to making a good video especially if you want to make it into a podcast or get it transcribed. Talking straight into a webcam is the easiest way to make these videos and having a professional background is important for looking more respectable. I learned this of course the hard way by getting feedback that I needed a background for my videos urgently because my office futon, closet doors, and Scarface poster were both distracting and unprofessional looking.
For a few hundred dollars, you can get a much higher return out of the videos you make by looking like someone that should be taken seriously on a webcam. I hope seeing my studio setup has been helpful for you and value your feedback on this post with a Facebook comment!