- March 26, 2020 at 12:56 am #49949
Just to recap and keep the progress on paper. I shall document my process and weekly milestones on this particular thread
Goals : Create online income of $2,000 by June 20
Strategy (by June 20)
1) Create 45 Youtube videos
2) Crate 2 Udemy courses – Have 2,000 free students
3) Create website on Teachabele
1) Long lead time – to create a 1 min video, it takes me 10 minutes
2) Lack of believe – So far in my Udemy journey, I only created $3 after 9 months
3) Lack of knowledge – Little knowledge on Youtube, Udemy and being self employed.
1) Managed to get Jerry as a mentor (thank you!!)
1) Create a new Udemy course – Completed in week 4
2) Create 7 videos on YT (both Malay and English) on my journey on Udemy & Personal FinanceMarch 26, 2020 at 11:39 am #49961
please link to all your platforms and courses to follow your progress.March 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm #49964
Adnan thank you very much for joining us for the call last night at https://jerrybanfield.com/dmm/!
Your plan looks great and these are your links!April 1, 2020 at 10:26 pm #50269
@Adnan What’s good!?
Keep the momentum!April 3, 2020 at 8:33 am #50352
Thanks for the question. So my updates are as follows :
1) Posted 3 Videos for Youtube – 1 in my native language (Wohoo !!)
2) Posted 1 Video on Udemy & sort out the course structure.
3) I have also drafted content for Week 3.
4) Further explored ways where I can give my content for free
5) Looked at other teaching platforms – Teachable, Skillshare & Learnfly
1) I have 2 new subs on Youtube which brought my grand total pass the 20 subs mark 🙂 (Thanks for the subs guys)
2) More views on my new vids (Before it was 0 now its about 3/4 views per video)
3) My new course in Udemy is 20% completed & I have more clarity how to complete the course
4) I started giving free coupons for my paid course – That strategy alone gave me close to 3,000 students
1) My country has a movement order control which basically means
A) I have to share working table space
B) The kids are in the house and they maybe a bit loud so its hard to record
1) Try to create 2 videos a day on average – Record when the house is quite & edit vids when its noisy (which is all the time 🙂 )
A) 7 vids on Youtube
B) 30% completion on Udemy course
2) Keep giving free coupons on Udemy – Bring my total students up to 3,000 per course
3) Buy a new working table and a night lamp – Start recording at night now when the house is quiet
4) Keep having the calls
What I have learnt during the week
Sometimes talking about things and having an accountability sheet really helps. The funny thing is that, this sheet helped motivated me & not to slack. So for anybody’s success. I highly recommend an accountability sheetApril 3, 2020 at 1:16 pm #50366
Looking great Adnan! I am grateful you came to your second call and am happy to see your progress!April 3, 2020 at 3:16 pm #50384
Can you add more meat to your Youtube video descriptions? Here’s one that you could take some ideas from
Maybe think about also, aside your course and usual, create a reading list on Amazon and include the link.
Can also include links to your video recording stack. There’s always people wanting to figure that out.
April 6, 2020 at 5:33 am #50456
- This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Lenny Ramirez.
Hey Lenny thanks for the suggestions.
I will work on an Amazon list soon and will work on making my Youtube video description better.
Just to tell you guys, I had a new subscriber on board 🙂
Just curious, how does making a list on Amazon help in ranking my Youtube channel?
I have never heard that strategy until now and I am clueless about it
April 6, 2020 at 10:47 pm #50475
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Adnan Hasbi.
No, the point with Amazon is to build Trust and Rapport with your Audience AND make some money as an Amazon affiliate too.
In this time at home it’s a great opportunity and you don’t show as salesy, just providing genuine value, but you are not obligated to act as is either, take all of this as suggestions of what I have seen work for others.April 7, 2020 at 12:28 am #50483
Will take a look at that video and implement itApril 7, 2020 at 6:55 am #50484
I just posted a new video that is relevant to what is happening now.
I also wrote a more meater description with proper tags.
Lets see what happens 🙂April 9, 2020 at 9:54 am #50607
Hi Jerry & Lenny
Aside from my country has a movement order control (kids running around & sharing office space), I have to share my laptop (water spilled on my partners laptop) just yesterday
But its amazing what willpower and determination can do the following :
1) Posted 1 Videos for Youtube
2) Posted 9 Video on Udemy – 30 % Completed
3) I started making a course in my native language – 1 video
4) Went to all forums – FB and websites (Gave more coupons)
1) I have 1 new sub on Youtube
2) 9,000 new students just this week
3) Still no sales
1) Try to create videos faster, I am doing my videos too slow (1 minute video takes me 30 minutes of prep & editing)
2) Have a mentor session soon.
3) Create Amazon list
April 12, 2020 at 9:16 am #50697
- This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Adnan Hasbi.
Adnan thank you for the update and I am looking forward to seeing you on our next group call via https://jerrybanfield.com/call/
You are doing great often it takes laying a strong foundation before many sales and earnings come in!April 15, 2020 at 8:21 am #51083
Life will get in the way but that’s living anyways. Enjoy and embrace the climb.
What can you do with those new and current students? Are they getting the solution that they are looking for? Engage with them and learn from them. The money is in solving problems.
Can you get on calls with them and get their permission to use on YouTube?
Keep refining the plan as you go.April 16, 2020 at 11:44 am #51399
Thanks so much for the solutions before, I have implemented them and below are the results I got
1) Send an educational announcement to Udemy students about my YouTube vid posting – This saw a spike of an extra 50 views on my video (generally I get only 2 views per vid). I also had 5 new subs 🙂
2) Signed up for Amazon Influencer account but failed, so I signed up for Amazon Associates – This would help me increase my revenue channels and I am excited to now create new content on Youtube.
For the new suggestions, I have to admit that I dont really know how to interact my students in Udemy, all I do is teach. So I am not sure how (any suggestions?). I am thinking of sending more educational announcement to invite them to the Youtube channel and form a FaceBook group for my students ? Not sure its the best way. Do you have any suggestions ?
AdnanApril 21, 2020 at 10:54 am #51977
High fives* That’s EASY 10x!!!!!
Excellent. Love the broadcast of new content. Keep it up.
Definitely take your students to a Facebook group to get more hands on and another way to get in touch with you aside solely relying on Udemy.
Simply ask questions, gauge the interactions and improve. Can you go live in the group for a while, offer the random QnA. This can also lead to future content.
Keep it up and let value be the barometer, the best money is always a byproduct. First come the product and outstanding support.
Keep us posted!April 21, 2020 at 12:05 pm #51982
I encourage you to join Jewel and Auret daily Youtube Lives!
They go live 6pm PST and answer questions live.
They are students here too! and can give you great Youtube insights
as they have courses of their own about it AND you can pick some ideas
on their approach for yourself!
Let’s get it
April 23, 2020 at 7:15 pm #52321
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Lenny Ramirez.
Thanks so much Lenny
This gave me a road map on how to move forward.
I shall join their next live session.April 23, 2020 at 7:32 pm #52324
This week I only managed to create 3 videos with most of my time being focused on doing domestic chores (I had to teach the kids since the schools are closed here).
While teaching them, I spent a sizable amount of time going through news and that impacted my level of motivation and ultimately output.
The Solution (Implemented Now):
After doing a small audit on my progress, I realized that I cannot allow myself to slip back. Today, I started working at 7 am and I shall not go on social media & only listen to content which will help me in my journey (spend more time here). I realized that a positive and proactive mind would help while feeding my mind with unnecessary stuff would impact me adversely.
1) I am also grateful to be here with both you and Jerry helping.
2) I am also grateful to be able to be at home with everyone.
Thanks Guys 🙂April 25, 2020 at 12:44 pm #52494
Keep it up.
Batch some work while your energy is the highest so you can still have content to upload.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.